Launching your lawyer website is a big step in getting the name of your law firm out to all the people that can benefit from your counsel. However, it is just the first step. Once your site is launched, you need to know how well it is doing so that you can learn which of its elements are the most effective and which elements need improving. Once you are armed with that knowledge, you are on the way to making your site the best that it can be.
The way to gather data about the efficacy of your website is through marketing analytics tools. These tools monitor a variety of different statistics about your site that give you a good idea of how users interact with it, how they find it, and more. On The Map Marketing uses all the necessary analytics tools a lawyer website needs, so that we can perfectly optimize your site, maximize all of its conversion factors, and increase your clientele.
This is easily one of the most popular and effective analysis tools for any kind of website. It is popular because it is very easy to set up, highly customizable, and free. It is effective because it provides useful information on the amount of time visitors spend on your website, the pages they visit the most, their demographic data, and more. That valuable information can be used to improve the marketing and SEO (search engine optimization) tactics used to boost the profile of your website.
Google Search Console
If Google Analytics works on a micro level by analyzing various aspects of your website, then Google Search Console works on a macro level. This free service does that by analyzing factors like the keyword searches that led visitors to your site and which led to your site being listed on Google’s SERP (Search Engine Results Page). It can also check if there are any security problems on the site like hacking breaches or malware attacks. Overall, Google Search Console is a valuable tool that is helpful in the security and effectiveness of your website.
Want to know what your competition is up to? SEMRush has built-in competitive analysis tools that lets you check what kind of keywords your competitors are using to direct traffic to their website. You can then use those keywords to inform your own strategy. SEMRush also does keyword research in general, so you can do your own keyword research without worrying about what your competition is doing. It can also be used to compare your social media presence to that of your competition, check your backlinks, your PPC (Pay per Click) strategy, and more. It is a great tool for SEO, especially if you are in a competitive field like the law.
If you want an extremely granular look at how users interact with your site, then Hotjar is an invaluable tool. It has a variety of functions that let you monitor visitor behavior, such as the following:
- Heatmaps – This allows you to see which areas of your site has the most or least activity. You can see where visitor interest lies, and make adjustments if you find that there is an area of your site that has less activity than you would like.
- Visitor Recordings – You can create replays of actual visitor sessions to see their mouse movements and clicks. That way you can determine if your site is as efficient as it could be and if information is presented in a clear and easily understandable way.
- Conversion Funnel Analysis – You can see where viewer interest begins to wane and identify the pages where visitors generally leave your site. You can measure which pages have the most and least drop-off rates and work on increasing their visitor engagement.
- Form Analysis – With this tool, you can examine how visitors fill out any forms on your page. This helps you to identify which fields they fill out first, which fields they leave blank, how long it takes them to fill out a field, and so on. This information can help you to design forms in a way that is more efficient for the user and easier for them to understand.
Social Media Tools
If you have a social media presence, then you want to know how effective it is. There are a variety of different tools that you can use to analyze your social media efficacy, some of which are dedicated to a single platform and others that aggregate the results from various platforms. Here are two of the more common tools:
- Twitter Analytics – This offers extremely detailed analysis of your Twitter followers. It can measure all of the important engagement areas, like retweets, favorites, clicks, and mentions. It also includes vital information on user demographics, like their lifestyle, net worth, and more. This is a free service of Twitter, and other social media platforms, like Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram, offer similar analytical services.
- Keyhole – If you want all of your social media information collected in a single place, then you can use this analytic tool. It allows you to monitor visitor engagement across all of your social media platforms at once. It even lets you monitor that same information for your competitors. That makes it an important tool for figuring out which of your platforms is most effective, which of them are underperforming, and finding a way to make improvements.
Analytic Tools Help To Make Your Lawyer Website Better
A website is not a static entity, it needs to be constantly monitored, updated, and improved if it is to stay relevant to visitors. Analytic tools help you to gauge how visitors interact with your website so that you can make it more efficient and more engaging. In the end, those improvements help both you and your clients since you will be able to more easily connect with each other.
On The Map Marketing uses these analytic tools so that we can make continual updates and improvements to your website so that you and your visitors will have a stronger, more intimate connection.