New and existing dental offices can benefit from using search engine optimization (SEO) for their dental marketing. SEO marketing can attract new patients looking for dentists in your local area, show potential patients your dental services, and improve your ranking in search results.
A recent survey indicated that internet searchers are 43% more likely to choose dental practices with the best online reviews, 19% will choose the closest, and 18% are likely to choose the dental practice that is highest in search engine rankings. A recent study shows that 77% of all online health inquiries start on the search engine; you need to take advantage of that fact to gain new patients. This simple guide will direct you on the path that your practice should go, how to implement dental SEO services, and promoting a better social media presence.
Search Engine Optimization for Dentists
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization strategies help dentists organically connect with new and potential clients. A successful SEO strategy will increase your dental website’s organic traffic, user experience, rankings in search results, and your business will be seen as an authority in dentistry online and in your community.
SEO is an organic marketing strategy that uses link building materials, blog, and media content strategies to ensure you, the dentist, is found by the new patients who need you. A dentist can integrate search marketing seamlessly with organic and paid social media marketing to engage those who already use your business.
In the past, a potential dentist used to have to pay lots of money to market their practice in the phone book, local business directory, television and radio ads, or billboards. Now, when people are looking for a dentist they do a quick search for dentists nearby and the dentist with the best SEO strategy will benefit most from ranking higher on the search engine results page (SERP). This is how SEO can improve your business:
- Boost your Online Presence — SEO can help direct new visitors to your website through the implementation of search terms, called keywords, that they are likely to search for when seeking a dentist help.
- Optimize your Website — An important part of your SEO campaign is making your website more attractive and user-friendly; that way visitors are likely to stay for longer periods.
- Improve your Website’s Authority — Websites that are seen as authoritative voices in a particular subject tend to show up first when people search for terms related to that subject. An SEO campaign can make a dentist’s website one of the definitive voices in that area.
- Drive New Patients to your Business — When all the previous changes have been implemented, your business will experience an upturn of patients looking to partake of your business’ service.
Dental SEO Services
An SEO campaign is a mainstay of a successful digital marketing plan because it can improve a business’ internet marketing and without it, people won’t be able to find your dental websites. SEO for dentists can help new practices differentiate themselves, get ahead of others that aren’t utilizing the best SEO strategies for dentist, make their websites pop, and serve their patients while providing engaging content.
What ROI Should I Expect?
Return on investment or ROI is the method by which the comparison of SEO campaign expenditure to SEO campaign success is calculated. To expect a decent amount of your returned investment, you must calculate your company financials after carefully mapping out your marketing campaign. You should rightfully expect to get more out of the campaign than you put in or the entire venture would be pointless.
However, you should also make sure that your expectations are realistic and are relative to the size of your business; a small or mid-sized business will not have the same increase in clientele as a large business. You should expect a significant ROI that matches the scale of your business.
Search Engine Optimization Timetables for Dentists
Search engines are constantly crawling the internet looking for the most authoritative and relevant information on all topics including dentistry. Search engines can be distrusting of new sites and therefore it takes some time for new sites to start ranking well on the SERP.
Dental search engine optimization marketing will take time and that’s why it’s important to practice patients, be committed to providing high-quality content, and collab with SEO experts when necessary to help dental practices get on the radar of possible patients.
Dental SEO Results
One of the major benefits of creating a dental search strategy is that your business can measure its results. Search engines will grow to display your dental office as an authority in dentistry by ranking it higher on the SERP but this won’t happen overnight. An SEO company can create a detailed SEO plan that will require your dental website to be optimized for all users on all devices, generate engaging content relevant to your audience, and focused on all the keywords that matter to your dental practice and potential patients.
How to measure the results of dental website SEO?
Even though it takes some time for your business to see an uptick in web traffic on your dental website, you’ll be able to see the results of your dental SEO campaign in higher SERP rankings, and increases in the number of clients your dental practice is serving.
An SEO agency will even have experience showing dentists how to measure precisely how many people find their website via search and decide to make an appointment online. Key performance indicators, or KPIs, are how we determine the efficacy of your dental SEO campaign; they are how we ascertain what is working about the campaign and adjust our strategy to fix what is unsuccessful. These are among the most important KPIs for your campaign:
- A Clientele Increase — This is the ultimate goal of your dental SEO campaign.
- Organic Traffic — These are the people who use the SERP to visit your website.
- Keyword Ranking — High ranking keywords mean better search results which mean more visitors.
- Low Bounce Rate — The bounce rate is when people visit one page on your site and then leave.
- Pages per Session — The number of your website’s pages users visit in a single session.
Tracking your Dental Company’s Growth
It is important to stay abreast of how the dental SEO campaign is affecting the growth of your company. Multiple tools allow us to discover which parts of the campaign are most effective and make corrections to the parts that are not:
- Phone Tracking — We can use phone tracking to discover which part of the campaign made clients find you and made them want to contact you.
- Form Tracking — A contact form helps us to know where the client who filled out that form is located; that way we can create strategies targeted to that region.
- Traffic Reports — Several tools enable us to find out how your website’s traffic is doing on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis.
- Ranking Reports — This method is optional but if you want to get an idea of where your site ranks in search engines, a ranking report can provide the information you need.
SEO Best Practices for Dentists
Targeting new patients interested in your dental services will increase the reach of your practice and engaging your existing customers with content relevant to them can help patients return for dental work. Here are some simple tips to add to your dental marketing to increase your free SEO reach:
Embrace Local SEO
The easiest new patients for your dentistry to reach right now are those living within a 15-minute15 minute radius of your business. Having a local SEO strategy that reaches people in your community interested in dental services will help your business to flourish.
Adding your location in your copywriting and on your website will improve your local search rankings. Registering your dental practice in online directories focused on your location will improve your visuality as well. SEO services can help you reach new patients in your city and your business’ goals and the content you create will determine when a local or a national SEO strategy is best for your business.
Create Custom Content
This means creating content unique to your website that users will find appealing; this could be anything from blog posts to scholarly articles. The more original, quality content you have, the more likely you will be established as an authority.
Select Relevant Keywords
Well-thought-out keywords with high monthly search volumes that focus directly on your services will benefit your cause.
Analyze Your Traffic
Google Analytics accounts are free and can be used to track important statistics like your web site’s traffic, bounce rate, and other KPIs. Analyze your digital marketing and learn ways that you can improve.
When you link to relevant, respectable websites, it helps to establish and improve your site’s credibility; this will help to boost your site’s link profile.
When relevant, respectable websites link back to your website, that also establishes your site as an authority on that subject. You also need to make sure that all of your links are current; dead links will harm your credibility and ranking
Optimize Your Dental Site
Optimizing the structure of your website means ensuring that it is simple for users and search engines to navigate your website and find any relevant information.
How to Optimize Off-Site SEO for your Dental Business
Off-site SEO refers to the work done away from your website that helps to increase its authority and make it easier for search engines and people to find it. The following improvements will help your website’s SERP ranking:
- Relevant Link Building for your Dental Business — When you link to relevant, respectable websites, it helps to establish and improve your practice’s credibility; this will help to boost your site’s link profile and increase your traffic.
- Cleaning your Website’s Link Profile — When relevant, respectable websites link back to your website, that also establishes your site as an authority on that subject. You also need to make sure that all of your links are current; dead links will harm your credibility and ranking.
- Directory Listings Specific to your Dental Business — Listing your site on directories relevant to your business is a great way to make it easier for people and search engines to find you.
Social Media Integration for your Dental Business
Maintaining an online presence through social media can be a boon for your business. Sites like YouTube.com, Twitter, and Facebook all play an important role in grabbing the attention of your potential clients. Our team can make sure that your socials are constantly updated with engaging content.
- YouTube Management and Optimization — You can use YouTube to promote your website through custom content; if you choose this method, we can guide you as to the type of content you should produce. Youtube can help generate more traffic for your business and each like could turn into a potential patient for your practice.
- Management of Major Social Media — You might not have the time to continually update your various social media accounts –but we do. We can help to improve the visibility of your business through regular social media updates. Sometimes businesses don’t have time to run their social media profiles and generate material for people to like and share and that’s why your practice needs to adopt a dental SEO marketing strategy that also addresses your social media needs.
Dental SEO: A Proven Digital Advertising Solution
SEO and internet marketing is a proven way to increase traffic to your website and expand your client base. It is an effective way to increase your search engine ranking and increase the credibility and authority of your website. Your dental marketing requires more than just your word-of-mouth to grow these days; in today’s world, we can take advantage of the plethora of marketing options available. The more you know about and implement effective SEO services, the quicker you will be on the road to success.