There is a lot more that goes into dentist SEO than just appropriately placed keywords. In fact, the design and speed of your website can greatly affect your ranking on any search engine results page (SERP). In addition, there are other tips and tricks of the trade that will help to bolster your current marketing efforts as well as positively serve your dental SEO strategy. Below, we have outlined a few of those tips and how effectively utilizing them will be a catalyst to higher page rankings, more website traffic, and eventually more customers.
How Can My Website Design Affect SEO?
Having a beautiful website design encompasses more than just the look and feel of your site. The usability of your website is just as important. An integral part of implementing a dental SEO plan is the design of your site. Search engines like Google gauge the effectiveness of your site design by calculating the “bounce rate” of site visitors. They are calculating how long people are staying on your page after they click a link leading them to your site.
If someone searching for an answer to their problems, clicked on your site, but were not able to easily find the answers they were looking for, this is a problem for search engines. It makes them look bad. In addition, if the site is too slow or doesn’t offer relevant information, they won’t stay long. If this happens too often, it will negatively affect your rankings. Lastly, ensure that your site is optimized for mobile devices. This is huge, as most searches are now taking place on a cell phone or tablet.
SEO Tips That Every Dentist Can Use
Keywords and site design are incredibly important to your dental SEO efforts, but there are other measures that you can take to further increase your rankings on search engines. Below, we have a few suggestions that are sure to help your dentist SEO efforts.
- Online Directories: There are a number of online directories that will help to bolster your online presence, increase authority as well as traffic to your site. Fill out as much information as you can, such as address, website, phone number, specialties, hours of operation, et cetera.
- Outgoing Links: This may seem counterproductive. However, it is important to have outbound links on your site. For example, if you have a blog post about teeth whitening, it would be beneficial to insert a link to a study about teeth whitening. You will certainly want to avoid sending potential customers to competitors, but there are many good resources from government sites, academia, et cetera.
- Video and Pictures: The use of relevant video and pictures can dramatically increase the amount of a time that a user stays on your site. In addition, be sure to write a description of the video/picture in the code so search engines know that it is there. Having a video of your dental practice or utilizing before/after pictures of a procedure can be a great tool to enhance the effects of your dentist SEO.
When to Use an SEO firm to Handle my Needs
Running your own dental practice can already be time consuming. If you would like to implement your own dental SEO strategies in house, you have a few options, such as doing it in your free time, hiring an employee or repurposing an existing employee. Unless you are absolutely sure that these employees are experts in SEO, it is best to work with proven professionals. If one of your employees is working on their own and doing it wrong, you will not be able to know for many months, and at this time it may be too late to reverse course. When you hire a reputable SEO firm with proven experience, you can rest easier knowing that they have multiple professionals that are approving the work done on your site and correcting course whenever it is needed.
- Using Ahrefs to Evaluate your Dental Website Link Profile
- Keyword Research for Dental Website Content (Using Google Keyword Planner)
- Integrating Social Media into your Dental Website (One Free + Easy Tool)
- The Importance Of Great Content For Your Dental Website
- How an Active Blog will Get (the Right) Traffic to your Dental Website
- Building Links to your Dental Site is Crucial to your Business’ Success
- Why Every Dental Company Needs A Google My Business Profile
- Social Media Platforms Every Dental Company Needs to Use
- Analyze Your Dental Site’s On-Site SEO (w/ Google Chrome)
- 3 Key On-Site Optimizations For Every Dental Website
- Tips for Hiring the Best SEO firm for your Dental Practice
- 5 Reasons Dentist Should Practice SEO