In the world today, legal misconception swarms our daily lives; from car accidents, to theft, and malpractice. You know your local law business is a well-oiled machine, providing essential care and representation for your clients’ cases. So, how do you reach your clients, when they need you, the very second an issue occurs?
You have a website, marketing tactics, and client recommendations. The question is, could you be doing more? Did you know that 93% of users begin their online experience through search engines? Your law business can exceed your expectations. When you are trying to reach prospective clients, SEO marketing is the way to go.
What is SEO?
SEO (search engine optimization) is the process of organically dispersing relevant keywords into your website content to be easily picked up by a search engine. When you use keywords relevant to your business, you will have a better chance of reaching the top and those who are looking for you will have a better chance at finding you. However, SEO is also so much more than just using keywords.
It also takes into account your site’s structure, link profile, and the content itself. Yes, keywords are important since that is what your ideal client will be searching for in search engines, however, it is also important that search engines and your users can navigate your site, find what is relevant to them, and share your content on social media with friends and family. We are moving into a technology age and your site would benefit from moving with the times.
What Can SEO Do for My Law Business?
Studies show that Google takes in around 2 trillion searches each year as of 2016. When someone goes to the search engine and types in what they’re looking for, they will generally gravitate towards the top of the list. An effective law firm SEO strategy can make this and more happen if you implement it correctly. So, what can SEO do for your law business? Well, it can:
- help you target law-related keywords that your clients are using.
- raise your rank on the SERP; this will help you get more clicks to your site.
- boost your outreach on social media channels – reaching more potential clients.
- increase your audience by creating engaging, informative content on your site.
What ROI Should I Expect?
ROI, or Return on Investment, is a measure that divides the net profit by the net worth. When calculating your ROI, it is important to have a realistic goal for your business’ profit. Because each business differs from the next, there is no set expectation. However, there are a few general guidelines that you can expect across the board in terms of your ROI like:
- an improved site health, site structure, and site functionality.
- a more interactive user experience, making your site attractive to your potential clients.
- an improved presence on social media channels.
- increased traffic to your site.
- improved ranking on the search engine results page.
How Long Does SEO Take?
After you’ve started learning the ropes with SEO, you may be wondering when you will start reaping benefits. While there’s no definitive answer, as every business is different, there are a few key factors to look at. Consider the length of time your website has been up and running, the condition of your website, if SEO was/is already in use, and how much content is on your website. These factors play a huge role in the progression of SEO for your business.
Lawyer Marketing Campaign: Local or National?
You want to hit home with your local audience by touching on subjects and geographical places of interest within your state or city. Local SEO is targeting key phrases like “(state/city) attorney near me,” or “divorce lawyer near me.” It means that you speak directly to the clients in your geographical area. National SEO marketing is a broader, more world-wide technique using phrases that are relevant to your field of work.
For example, “medical malpractice,” “personal injury cases,” or “car accident lawyers” are phrases that point out a specific common occurrence within the state or city throughout the world. Whether you choose local or national SEO, they both determine your rank in the search engine, based on your preference.
Assessing Your Website for Key Performance Indicators
In this category, you will be measuring the performance of your law website to benchmark the performance indicators for set targets. Your law business is your means of making a steady living so you want to make sure you implement the right measures when checking your performance.
KPIs are important in helping us determine if what we are doing for your SEO strategy is working and if it isn’t and where we can improve. Some factors that are crucial for key performance indicators include analyzing your website structure to ensure that it makes sense and visitors can easily find what they are looking for and your link profile which impacts your rankings on search engines.
Detailed Analysis of Law Website Structure
Your website structure is also an important element to effective SEO. In order to keep your users from bouncing and improve dwell time and navigation around your site, this analysis will help keep you on track so you rank higher. We will analyze:
- Dead ends or 404 errors on your site – this can cause visitors to leave since they can find the information they need.
- How well your pages are organized – having a strong website structure makes it easier for search engines to crawl your site.
- Internal links – these will interconnect different pages on your site, making it easier for visitors to find what they need quicker.
- Breakdown of your site – visitors should be able to clearly and concisely find what they need by breaking up content into categories.
Detailed Analysis of Law Website Link Profile
This analysis takes an in-depth look at your backlinks, how many you currently have, page performance, the quality of your links, and more. If you’re not using accurate links, you might be losing the interest of your visitors. We will analyze your link profile to better optimize your anchor text with relevant keywords, incorporate more internal links so that search engines can find your pages better as well as users, and link to high-authority, relevant sites which will build site trust.
On-site SEO for Law Business
Optimize the elements on your website to ensure that high-ranking, relevant traffic gravitates to your website through this detailed strategy. On-site SEO is thought to be an easy way for users and search engines to find your page useful and worth ranking, understanding exactly what your website is about, and relevant to the search query/queries. Aspects of on-site SEO includes creating custom content, selecting the right keywords and incorporating them naturally into your web pages, and making your site easy to navigate. We focus on these concepts of on-site SEO like:
- Keyword Selection – a list of relevant keywords based on what people have already searched for on search engines and what your competitors are already using
- Website Structure Optimization – optimizing your source will ensure you are providing relevant information for your visitors based on each page.
- Custom Content – Custom content should offer something to your audience whether it is an answer to a question or a solution to a problem they are having. It should be easy to read, filled with engaging visuals, and long form.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics tracks different aspects of your site including traffic, click-through rates, keyword rankings, and more.
- Google Search Console and Sitemap – adding your sitemap to the Google Search Console tells Google about your site’s content. It is important that you submit your sitemap to different search engines so that they can find pages on your site faster and they can rank them accordingly.
- Security on Site – website security prevents attacks, compromised information, and viruses from wreaking havoc on your computer and on your visitors when they inquire about your law services.
- Load Speed on Site – How fast your website loads also affects your search engine ranking as well. The longer your page takes to load, the lower you will rank on sites like Google.
Off-site SEO for Law Business
You can improve your rankings through trustworthy, reliable, and relevant factors within the search engine. When other reputable places link to your profile (people share, link to your website, etc), it affects the quality of your website.
Off-site SEO consists of many factors such as building trust by linking to relevant, high-authority sites and having a healthy amount of links including internal links that are anchored with target keywords. You also need to make your law firm site relatable to your geographical area to make it easier for potential clients to find you as well as make your content share-worthy and relatable with your audience.
Relevant Link Building for Your Law Business
Your links within your profile need to be relevant to your law business, in order to attract your appropriate viewers. The quality of your links need to be specific to your law business as well. Linking to high-authority, relevant pages will improve your link profile as well as keep you relevant with your audience.
You wouldn’t want to link to a dentistry related article if you are a law firm, right? Using internal links from different pages on your site is another way to truly build your link profile and bring traffic to long forgotten posts on your site.
Directory Listings Specific to your Law Business
When you want to make sure your prospects find you easily, your firm’s correct information means everything in the directory listings. Visitors are most likely looking for a professional in their area and don’t want to keep shopping for information, so your directory listing will get you in contact with them the moment they search.
There are many directory sites that you can list under, however, don’t go crazy listing on a bunch of these sites. Pick a couple that are high-authority and trustworthy which will take you a long way.
Cleaning Website Link Profile
Having a healthy link profile is an important step in off-site SEO and comes with many benefits such as:
- Letting search engines know you are a trust-worthy site.
- Allow you to rank higher on search engines.
- Give you more authority in the SERP compared to other law firm sites.
- Help you target those vital keywords with anchor text.
- Let your audience know you are a trust-worthy site.
Social Media Integration for Law
Social media is everything these days, especially when you want to reach your audience and with your marketing strategies, this increases their awareness to your law business. There are many benefits to amping up your social media presence especially when it corresponds with your business.
- It is another opportunity for converting your audience into customers.
- You gain access to new, former, and current customers.
- Improved brand loyalty.
- You build a close relationship with your audience – building trust.
Youtube Management and Optimization implementing SEO
Youtube is an incredible source for making videos and tutorials for your viewers to get an inside look at your business. Youtube is a largely untapped source for traffic and, in fact, Youtube gets around 30 million plays per day. There are many ways to improve your Youtube SEO including
- making videos that your potential clients will watch
- creating videos that are 5 minutes or longer
- incorporating keywords into your video files, titles, and descriptions
- use UX metrics like keeping track of comments, subscriptions, shares, rates, and views
Management of Major Social Media
Managing your social media is extremely important to your law business. You want to reach your visitors on every note that they’re looking for. So in order to keep your readers engaged and active on your site, you will need to constantly update your social media pages through efficient management. When managing your social media channels, much of the other aspects of SEO applies to your posts as well.
Make sure to create click-worthy content and include visual media as well as videos and images. Invite your audience to engage and interact with your posts as well as others through comments and social shares. This will expand your following and get your business known by more people.
Tracking your Law Company’s Growth
A successful law firm requires detailed tracking of your company’s growth throughout the year. Is your profitability increasing? Do you have a steady client base? Are you constantly reconfiguring your company’s outline to establish successful growth? These questions will help determine your growth and keep you on track.
There are a number of tools that you can use to track your website’s growth including call tracking, form tracking, traffic reports, and ranking reports. Many of the most effective SEO tools that are quite popular come from Google include Google Analytics, Google Webmaster tools, and more.
- Phone Tracking – Call tracking is a useful tool to figure out what campaigns or keywords prompted visitors to call you. It is important that you remain consistent regarding your NAP (name address and phone number).
- Form Tracking – When a lead fills out a form, you can get notified right away and track where that form is being sent from.
- Traffic Reports – These reports track keywords that are trending and where traffic is coming from and what kind.
- Ranking Reports – These can help you manage which keywords that you use on your site and which ones rank the highest or the lowest.
Law Business SEO: A Proven Digital Advertising Solution
Following the statutes within the field of law that you provide for your clients, these proven SEO techniques will help steer you in the right direction for a steady stream of traffic and better knowledge of your clients’ needs. You will get a better understanding of what SEO is, how we can help you build an effective SEO strategy, and how to maintain it in the long-term for positive results. The goal is to build your search engine ranking and improve your site so that you generate more traffic, more leads, and essentially, gain more business.
It is important to remember that SEO is not something that happens overnight – rather, it is a long-term process that requires patience, time, and hard work to achieve results. At On The Map Marketing, we are more than capable of doing this for you and working with you to get where you need to be in your law business and your site.