Homeowners, renters, and even businesses are always in need of a trusted plumber for emergencies. But emergencies aren’t the only time your service should be needed and you want your customers to have ongoing contact with you and utilize your services even in times of non-emergency. So, how do you make your service stand out, grab the attention of clients, and convey the importance of your service? SEO and internet marketing tactics are the solution.
What can SEO do for my Plumbing Business?
SEO or search engine optimization is a means of organically increasing visitors to your website by implementing different technical and content strategies, which ultimately improves your overall presence on the internet, and makes you visible and accessible to your leads. Here is how SEO can work for you:
- Increase your online visibility — SEO uses relevant keyword phrases to enhance your online presence and make it easier for new clients to find you.
- Improve your website’s functionality — An SEO campaign improves the usability and attractiveness of your website.
- Increase your website’s ranking — It will help you to rank higher on the search engine results page (SERP); sites high on the SERP get more visitors.
- Help clients more easily find you –When people search for “plumber near me” or “plumber in (my location)”, your business will show up.
What ROI Should I Expect?
The ROI or return on investment is the financial gain that you should expect from your SEO campaign relative to the money you invested in it. In order to achieve a realistic ROI you should consider the size of your business and the scale of your ambitions.
You are a plumbing professional with years of experience and your website should be about your value and expertise in the profession; that way clients will get an idea of the ROI they will get when they hire you and gaining new clients is what your SEO campaign is all about
How Long Does SEO Take?
It can take anywhere from weeks to months to move up in the rankings–but the key is to develop and maintain a credible online SEO profile. That is the best way to increase and maintain your SERP ranking and more importantly, gain a steady increase in new customers. An SEO campaign is a long term process but it can yield significant results that are invaluable to your business.
Plumbing Marketing Campaign: Local or National?
A local SEO campaign will tailor keywords specific to your geographical area. For example, your city and state and local listings will be added to your content to attract local viewers so that when they search for “plumber in (my location)”, your business will show up high on the SERP.
National marketing requires more generalized keywords that are relevant to a national audience such as “water heater” or “leak repair”. Whichever one you choose is dependent on your business goals.
Assessing your Plumbing Website for Key Performance Indicators
Key Performance Indicators –or KPI’s– are basically a scorecard for an SEO campaign. They show the efficacy of the SEO campaign and how well your website is doing with the search engines and with visitors. KPIs to look out for include:
- New clients – This is ultimately what your SEO campaign is all about.
- Organic traffic – This is traffic from people who visit your site from the SERP.
- Keyword ranking – High ranking keywords will increase your site’s organic traffic.
- Visit Duration – The length of time each visitor spends on your site before leaving.
- Pages per session – How many pages each user visits while they are on your website.
There are other KPIs but these are the main ones to look for when determining the effectiveness of an SEO campaign.
How to Optimize On-site SEO for your Plumbing Business
On-site SEO means using keywords, site structure, and website speed to create a pleasant experience for your visitors. Viewers are more likely to visit your website and stay there if every aspect of your site is well optimized. A well optimized website is good for search engines too and what is good for search engines and users is good for you. These are the important factors in on-site SEO:
- Choose the Right Keywords — Keywords with high search volumes will get your business noticed by the search engine crawlers. Your content should have keyword phrases that speak to actual, active users.
- Optimize Website Structure — A good website structure means that users should be able to navigate throughout your site without getting lost. Users should be able to find the information that they need with little effort.
- Create Custom Content — Your site should stand out to the search engine by publishing relevant content and keeping content updated in a reliable fashion. The search engine will note this too and put you on the map.
- Add Google Analytics — Google Analytics accounts are completely free and are the best way to monitor your site traffic, bounce rate, and other valuable statistics for gauging user satisfaction.
- Reduce Website Load Speed — You must keep an efficient and speedy website in order to keep your viewers interested. If a page is taking more than a few seconds to load, viewers lose interest.
- Increase Website Security — A secure website is important to protect the privacy of your business and of your visitors. Hackers can disrupt your website and make it difficult or impossible to navigate. Good security protocols can prevent that scenario from occurring.
How to Optimize Off-Site SEO for your Plumbing Business
This refers to the work that is done off your website to increase its rank and authority. Off-site SEO can help to increase your website’s credibility and visibility to potential new clients. These are the factors of off-site SEO:
- Build Relevant Links — Reach out to relevant businesses to link to your content so that your site and its pages will be established as credible and authoritative sources on the subjects about which you are writing. This will help to increase your SERP ranking.
- List your Business in the Right Directories — There are plenty of directories out there but your business should be listed with the most relevant ones, the ones that will display your business to customers looking for your services.
- Clean your Website Link Profile — If your website is suffering from 404s or dead links, cleaning your link profile ensures that the good links stay in place and the bad ones are replaced with relevant links or redirected to the appropriate URLs.
Social Media Integration for Plumbing
Social media integration means managing your social media accounts with relevant, current, and engaging information and content.
- Youtube Management and Optimization — You can incorporate Youtube into just about every aspect of your business. From tutorials to product reviews, your unique Youtube channel can be just as effective as implementing SEO plumbing techniques.
- Management of Major Social Media — Managing your social media presence via our team is key to keeping up with your clients and viewers. Social media is used in practically every business nowadays and is an effective way to keep your viewers interested.
Tracking your Plumbing Company’s Growth
You can gauge your company’s progress and future potential by tracking your website’s growth. There are multiple methods to track the statistics of your page, that way we can make changes where needed in order to maximize your ROI.
- Phone Tracking — When someone calls, you can see just how your customers are coming into contact with your site and most importantly–finding your contact info.
- Form Tracking — Contact forms can be used to track visitors’ location data. This helps us to target customers in specific regions.
- Traffic Reports — Traffic reports allow you to compare your website’s visitor traffic week by week, month by month, and so on.
- Ranking Reports — This element provides in depth detail as to where you currently reside on the SERP.
Plumbing SEO: A Proven Digital Advertising Solution
An SEO campaign can improve your online profile which increases the visibility of your plumbing business and makes it easier for potential clients to find you. On The Map Marketing has years of experience using SEO techniques to maximize the potential of a wide variety of businesses. We are ready to put that experience to work for you and all of your business ventures.