11 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About SEO Packages
While you are reading this webpage, Google is processing thousands of searches. In fact, Google processes roughly 67 thousand searches per second. These searches are being submitted by potential clients, customers, and business partners every day, and at On The Map Marketing (OTM), our goal is simple.
Our team of SEO specialists seek to ensure that your website appears in the highest position possible when a potential customer is searching Google for a business within your company’s area of expertise.
For the vast majority of our clients, gaining an understanding of what we are trying to accomplish is simple, but when we start to explain pricing options, the elements of SEO packages, or contracts, our clients naturally have questions that need to be answered.
At OTM, one of our core beliefs is that we value learning, practicing, and growing. In keeping with that belief, we’ve compiled a list of answers to 11 frequently asked SEO pricing questions. This information will allow you to:
- Learn some of the key aspects of a calculated SEO campaign
- Practice creating an outline of an SEO strategy that meets your needs
- Gain some insights into how an SEO campaign can grow your business
FAQ for SEO Pricing
Are package SEO deals a good option?
Creating a website that ranks effectively on the organic search engine results page (SERP) involves optimizing your website in many ways, such as creating new content, structuring your website so it’s easy for a user to navigate, conducting keyword and marketing research, etc. Due to these complex variables, purchasing one service at a time is not a cost effective option for every business. At OTM, we offer SEO packages that are structured to maximize your website’s organic SERP ranking by including all of the elements needed for a successful SEO campaign. Our local domination package is a perfect example of how SEO packages are designed to help your company climb the ranks by including services such as:
- 8000 Words of Content per Month: Remember, one of the things Google ranks your website on is regularly updated quality content. By purchasing a premium package, you’re ensuring that your website will be filled with fresh professionally written content every month, and choosing this option will also benefit your customer base by providing them with newly updated content to interact with — which also helps your website from an SEO perspective by minimizing your bounce rate.
- 5 High-Authority Link Placements per Month: Google analyzes the number of external sites that link to your website, and the quality of the websites that link to your website. These external links are known as backlinks, and they play a critical role in how Google judges the quality of your website, and thus, how your website ranks on the search engine results page. As such, the local domination package includes five backlinks from authoritative websites per month that will drive traffic to your website and help your website rank effectively.
- 15 or More Listing Submissions to Directories: Listing submissions help direct traffic to your website and increase your company’s overall exposure. The key to utilizing directories as an SEO tool is ensuring that all of the information listed on each directory is accurate and up to date.
- Website Optimization: Each website that Google rates favorably is optimized in a manner that allows Google to index the website properly and understand what the website is ultimately about. This optimization process includes creating proper headers, posting error free content, active URLs, and effective meta descriptions to name a few. Moreover, for a website to be optimized properly, it needs to be structured in a way that is easy for users to navigate.
- Monthly Reporting and Social Signaling: As most business owners know, data drives business. You simply can’t tell if a tactic is working without seeing the numbers that reflect its progress. The same mentality is true with SEO campaigns, which is why each SEO package we offer at OTM includes monthly reporting of your website’s SEO performance and social media performance.
Each of the services offered in an SEO package are designed to help your company’s website rank better with search engines. Moreover, purchasing an SEO package offers several unique advantages that make it an overall better option for your business such as:
- SEO packages are offered at different prices. So, you can pick a package that best fits you company’s budget.
- Each SEO package includes different services or varying amounts of different services, which allows you to choose an SEO package that best fits your marketing strategy.
- Whether you pay for your SEO package upfront or in monthly installments, you are paying a fixed price that keeps your marketing costs consistent.
Can I do a month-to-month contract?
At OTM, our marketing specialists are always encouraged to dream big, and our team exhibits that mentality with every client we interact with. This attitude allows us to envision what your company will look like after a successful SEO campaign. But we also understand that every business is different and has different marketing needs, which is why we offer month-to-month contracts.
This option allows our clients to obtain the services that they can afford, but more importantly, it allows us to create a long-term relationship with our customers that can grow over time. Remember, our goal is provide quality SEO services that allows your business to attract more customers or clients and as a result, increased profits. A month-to-month contract gives small business owners the flexibility they need while they are small and the ability to increase their marketing budget as they grow.
How much should I spend on SEO services?
Both small business owners and corporate executives all struggle with the same common question: “How much should we spend on SEO services?” But the answer to this question is different in every situation. If SEO services are the only way you market your business, you will naturally spend more on SEO services than a company that utilizes a host of different marketing tools such as TV ads, billboards, etc. As a general rule, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has stated that companies with gross annual revenues of less than five million dollars should allocate seven to eight percent of their revenues to marketing.
However, the SBA also acknowledges that this recommendation could changed based on a number of different factors such as the industry your company operates within, the size of your company, and the ultimate growth rate your company is seeking to achieve. Due to this, every client that OTM works with is encouraged to sit down with a marketing specialist who can help you determine the appropriate amount you should be spending in order to accomplish your company’s SEO and online marketing goals.
Is there a guarantee from the company?
There are guarantees that OTM makes in certain scenarios. For example, customers who purchase a starter SEO package with OTM are guaranteed to get at least 30 page one rankings. Because it’s almost impossible to guarantee a page-one ranking with highly-competitive keywords, however, this guarantee doesn’t apply to specific keywords and keyphrases. Every package that OTM offers includes monthly reporting, and these reports allow you to see the results of your SEO campaign on a monthly basis.
Are there any long-term contracts?
Although OTM does offer month-to-month contracts, we encourage our customers to enter into long-term contracts for a few reasons. First, SEO campaigns are highly involved and normally require our agency to utilize the services of many unique marketing specialists, including content writers, web designers, SEO specialists, and project managers. In certain instances, we may hire additional staff to ensure that all deliverables are of the highest quality and delivered promptly. Such an endeavor requires a commitment from our client, which gives us the ability to make a major SEO campaign possible.
The second reason we encourage our clients to enter into a long-term contract is that long-term contracts establish all of the conditions of the services OTM will provide and when they will be provided. Successful SEO campaigns are built through collaborative efforts between our marketing team and the clients we service. This process takes place over the course of several months, if not longer. As such, it is important for you, as a customer, to understand what services you will be receiving, when you will be receiving them, and how much these services will cost. Moreover, our team at OTM has found that a long-term contract allows our customers to understand what they can expect throughout the life of the contract.
Are there any hidden fees?
No. As with any estimate, as the project evolves, there may be additional fees with regard to website development if you request add-on features, but we will always tell you in advance before charging additional fees for additional features or services. Moreover, if you’ve already purchased an OTM package, and we have delivered on all features of that package, our marketing specialists may offer you additional linked content, website content, etc. Those service are charged separately.
Do you offer refunds?
Refunds are handled on a case by case basis at OTM, and they are not dependant on rankings. As with most business ventures, every campaign is different, and any situation that might warrant a refund is unique. Contact one of our marketing specialists today to learn more about the refund policy at OTM.
What affects the cost of SEO?
Companies across the United States spent an estimated 65 billion dollars on SEO services in 2016, and they did so for a good reason. 51% of all website traffic came from organic search engine results that year, and often, this traffic results in increased business, revenues, and profits for the website owner. As such, there are a variety of factors that can affect the cost of SEO services. Some agencies merely set their rates based on their reputation as a marketing agency, while others might be impacted by the labor costs of the agency’s domicile state, office space expenses, or just simply a high demand for SEO services. At OTM, we have consistently been ranked as one of the best SEO companies in Florida, but we are also dedicated to offering our services at competitive prices that allow our customers to grow their business through professionally executed SEO campaigns.
How much do project-based SEO services cost?
Project based SEO services are charged on an hourly basis for most services, and the amount can vary depending on the type of services needed to complete your project. The project rate for each service offered at OTM is listed below:
- Custom Content – $150 per page
- Custom Programming – $125 per hour
- Design Revisions – $200 per hour
Moreover, there are a few things you should keep in mind when it comes to project-based SEO services. The key to having a successful SEO project is determining the answers to these questions before our SEO specialists begin their work:
- What goal are you seeking to accomplish through your SEO project?
- What services are needed in order to accomplish your goal?
- How long will take to accomplish your goal?
Remember, effective SEO projects take time, and in many cases, the goal you are hoping to achieve will not happen immediately. As such, you need to create an outline detailing each aspect of your project and contact one of our SEO specialists to discuss the best marketing strategy to achieve your goal. You may find that the end result you are trying to achieve requires more work than a one-time project. Our SEO specialists are happy discuss the various aspects of your project with you to determine how to best meet the SEO needs of your company.
How much does hourly SEO cost?
Hourly SEO services are charged at a rate of $125 per hour. This hourly rate applies to services such as an SEO analysis of your website, keyword research, marketing research, and custom programming. This can be a good option for small businesses, solo practitioners, or startup companies.
What can I expect after I sign up?
After you sign your contract and submit your initial payment, our team of SEO specialists will immediately get to work. The first step is to get you established as a client, which is initiated by an email that explains what information we need from you to get started, such as access to your website for optimization purposes, syncing your Google Analytics account, or accessing your Google My Business account.
Your SEO specialist will explain how we will submit your deliverables to you for approval prior to posting anything to your site. Remember, each service that OTM provides will be approved by you before it is finalized. So, you will receive emails to review content, directory listings, proposed website changes, etc. Once you have approved of the deliverable, our team will finalize the content or other service being provided.
If you’ve purchased an SEO package, you’ll receive a report every month tracking your website’s SEO performance. Keep in mind, direct communication with the marketing specialist you are working with is important. You need to communicate and collaborate with your SEO specialist. If you don’t approve of a deliverable or if there is any type of a problem with the services being rendered, make certain that you communicate your concerns. The process of delivering, approving, and finalizing content or services will be repeated each month over the life of your contract.
Contact Our Representative Today
Your company’s SEO analysis begins when you contact your OTM representative. Contact us today to speak to an account rep for a free initial consultation.